4.08.2013

ithaca, day 2

clouds move quickly over the sky
stars glimmer through
i know i am not alone
i am filled with ecstasy
for a moment
i feel absolutely light, interconnected, empty and full all at once
suspended between earth and sky
in between jumping between the medium-tempo-clouds above my head and
the huge bouncy black trampoline beneath my feet,
each jump like a dip between magic and magic
my body feels so light, my heart as well, my mind empty
bliss
i live a mile from 7song
we have 50 acres in our backyard that connects with other peoples'
backyards or woods
my next "free" day i will go introduce myself to all the neighbors and
invite myself into their backyard woods
and figure out how to traipse to 7song's house through the woods
i'm living in the barn, waiting out the end of winter and patiently
(yet eagerly) awaiting warmer days, so i can move out into the woods
in the meantime, i have finally unpacked a month's worth of 80 pound
luggage from taiwan to california to new york to connecticut to ithaca
lug-around-sound-like-airport-smell-like-endless-travels big blue
suitcase, medium grey backpacking pack, and small leather purse
have made myself at home and am delighted to have peace, my own space
(it's really nice), a kind landlord/neighbor/new friend, no running
water yet (frozen pipes) but functional electricity and heater (though
i still feel cold), and trampoline, treehouse (deer stand), and
abundant woods to explore and fall in love with (it has already
happened)
at 10 pm tonight i found myself full of energy and delight, and
walking under starlight and clouds to the trampoline that sits at edge
of field and forest, the magical place where so many plants thrive
jumping like a happy kid, a month of travel exhaustion leapt out of my
body as well
finally flumping down and uncontrollably laughing with joy i fall into silence
and feel my heartbeat and breath moving the nylon fabric of trampoline
as from a distance i hear and feel west wind moving through the forest
trees above my head finally tremor and sing as wind pulls thru
i nestle my body deeper into the trampoline, my shavasana (corpse
pose) solid and sticky like dehydrated mangoes- delicious, too
earlier in the day, during sunset, i jogged through the forest to get
to the western high point
treehouse (deer stand) at the highest corner of the land
small drop-off leads to a valley i haven't explored yet, can fuzzily
make out ithaca through the trees, in the distance
can barely hear sound of cars, drowned out by sound of trees rustling,
wind blowing, birds laughing
climbed up treehouse- will add rope reinforcements tomorrow. still a
little dangerous right now climbing up to eagle's eye view, 360
panorama
rainbow sunset, endless parade of naked trees preparing for spring
buds, soft golden earth below me
made a promise, asked for blessings, sacred herbs blown into wind for
this land and all listening spirits- i am here, i am yours, be mine
too
we are for each other
big gratitude
and now!
sleep
(below, in chinese- i want to keep practicing chinese. this is what
that looks like. my best try :) and, i will keep persisting!)
第二天在ithaca
好開心哦
找到了
美麗的新家
心家!
我喜歡我的師父,7song(七歌!)
他知道很多, 又愛說笑話
很有趣
我住在農夫的家
一個大屋子裡, 只住我一個人
屋子後面就是森林
我家離師父家很近
後面森林裡有小木屋
現在晚上還太冷
地上還有雪
天氣1-2個月好了之後, 我會搬到森林裡的小木屋
也有一些在高高的樹上的treehouse
在小山坡上, 風景很美
能看到整個山谷
因為現在樹還沒有葉子
夏天時, 應該看不到山谷底下了
會有太多葉子!
從樹上看太陽下山太美了
靠近馬路我們有個大草坪
因為這兒沒有樹, 看得到廣大的天空
夏天會有螢火蟲
現在晚上好冷哦
我師父家後面有個下池塘
剛剛融化
我們也有小池塘
有些還有冰塊!
晚上雖然冷, 如果沒有雲, 就看得到天空滿滿的星星
我開心極了!